Friday, October 21, 2011

It is fair, that they don't understand my words. 
It isn't fair that they aren't able to go to school. 
It isn't fair the only book they have been taught to read is the Koran. 
It isn't fair that they stoled my heart. 

Just seven young boys, shooting at birds and lizards with slingshots looking for their next meal. 

It isn't fair that a twelve year old is responsible for 6 younger friends and brothers. 
It isn't fair that when they asked me what i was reading, and my answer didn't make sense to them.
It isn't fair that i have what i have. 
It isn't fair that I cant switch lives with all seven of them. 
They don't know what I have, other than white skin. 
They had pockets filled with rocks and a rubber band in hopes of having a bird.
They don't know what they need. 
It isn't fair that i have a heart that cares, and a mouth and brain that wont always connect. 

God is fair, He is faithful, and He is sovereign.

Father my prayer is for those boys, natural leaders at the birth of their younger brothers, smiles ear to ear, and freedom… Come down on them and use them, because on days like this I feel useless. 

2 comments: