Friday, July 22, 2011

"Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles." 
-Act 2:43
As the people stood in God's presents they could not move away from the feeling of awe. Like a husband who is standing hand in hand with his soon to be bride at the alter, the feeling is indescribable… but he knows the love he has for her, and the realization that she will forever be his. We can imagine being one of the Three thousand standing there knowing that we are forever Gods. With our lives being given to Him and there is no going back, even if there was an option who would want that after "He rescued [us] from [our] powerful enemy, from [our] foes, who were too strong for [us]." (Psalm 18:17). We shall be His people, and He shall be our God, giving Him full dominion over our lives. The feeling is real, better than any rush… no wave, no plate of food, no amount of dopamine can come close, because the feeling of His love last forever. He "…turned my wailing into dancing, [He] removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to [Him] and not be silent…" (Psalm 30:11). The three thousand simply received God's love, and through His love we received everything we have. it is a wonder that I wake up each morning with the health and life I have. The things that happen in each of day can only be described as miracles. God's hand is upon my life and it is obvious. I will continue to look to the sky, to the depths of the deep, to a baby's smile and be reminded that my Creator gave these gifts to me. I never want that initial love to grow dull. I am in awe of my Creator, without Him i have nothing. So who am I to take my eyes off of Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment