Saturday, August 6, 2011

act 12:6

"The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance."
-act 12:6
Herod was a man, he believed that he was bigger than God, he put Peter between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and soldier at the entrance. God is wherever we are, God has divine immanence. It was outside of Herod to get those two guards closer to Peter than God was. God is closer to us than our very souls. Peter once asked Jesus, "What then will there be for us?" This is what He had for you Peter. He had you spending the night sleeping between guards, bound in chains. He also had for you the salvation that comes in the morning. The life that he offers is beyond us, we don't deserve it, but he is there ready and willing to give us freedom from our sins. Form what ever our personal "soldiers and chains" might be. "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings deep shadows into the light." (job 12:22). We might think we are the one spending the night in jail between guards and in chains, but He is there with us. 
I want to see the shadows and know He is bringing me out of them, soon to deliver me. I want to be patient while man thinks he has me locked down. Than I want my God to show man that He is the God who turns the impossible into reality. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment