Friday, August 12, 2011

act 12:9


"Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision."
-act 12:9

This is not the first time Peter was following without knowing what was really happening. Just before Jesus was going to wash Peter's feet Jesus told him, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." (john 13:7). During the last supper, Jesus was telling the disciples that one of them would betray Him, "Simon Peter motioned to this disciple (who Jesus loved) and said, 'Ask him which one he means.'" (john 13:22). Jesus was telling the disciples that he would be going somewhere they could not come. "Peter asked, 'Lord, why can't I follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.' Then Jesus answered, 'Will you really lay down your life for me? I tell you the truth, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times!'" (john 13:37-38). Peter had a copious amount of questions, all answers leading him to feel stupid i'm sure. So here we see a different Peter, one who did not open his mouth, he only walked to where he was lead. We see Peter go from a fool to a wiseman. "A fool's talk brings a rod to his back, but the lips of the wise protect them." (Proverbs 14:3).

As much as i don't understand things, I will just pray to God for wisdom and discernment. I'll practice my walk in faith, before i begin to talk about faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment