Friday, August 12, 2011

act 12:8


"Then the angel said to him, 'Put on your clothes and sandals.' And Peter did so. 'Wrap your cloak around you and follow me,' the angel told him."
-act 12:8

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground..." (Ephesians 6:10-13).
When chains fall off, my first thought is, "Get me out of here, i don't care what i'm wearing." But I see that God wants me to be equipped with the right attire, so that when the day of evil comes, I will stand not in my own strength, but in the His Spirit. "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice." (proverbs 12:15). I will continue to equip myself in the Spirit before I go out into the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment