Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mark 8:34


"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.'"
-mark 8:34
Peter had just taken Jesus a side to rebuke Him for prophesying his own death for the first time. I assume Peter had desired Jesus to bring His kingdom down and crush the Roman Empire. Jesus rebuked Peter saying, "get behind me satan." After this we see Jesus telling the crowd, if you want to follow me, you must die to your own ideas. You must be like Christ, not yourself using Christ to get the things you want.
I wont be standing behind Christ because he told me, "get behind me satan" but because, i will be dead in myself following in his foot steps as he leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment