Friday, August 26, 2011

romans 12:12


"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
-Romans 12:12
As i watched the Passion of the Christ, I was reminded of who Christ is. He took the beatings, because it was what was needed in order that we might be saved. He was patient through the beating, because He knew one day i would be complaining about my momentary troubles, and i would be reminded of the worst death you can die… and He did die for me. Through the entire thing He was in constant prayer with His Father in Heaven. 
It was such a good reminder to me to know what Christ did for me. I am such a sinner, that i forgot that Jesus is Jesus Christ. All i am is a jar of clay, hard pressed on every side, but not crushed because of Christ. I will keep my eyes on whats eternal and not what is temporal…. and i will do so by reading through Luke 23 every morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment