Saturday, September 17, 2011

Building

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
-Ephesians 4:29
I was listening to the radio station KLOVE back in california one day. There is some band called "building 29" and they told their story on why they have their name. This verse is the reason. I was beyond blessed to hear the verse and what they said on it. So i decided this is going to be one of those verses i live by. My dad always told me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Funny thing is this is really hard. I also heard pastor Steven say, "Don't go into a important conversation without having the end in mind." All this is what i want to live by, but i still fail multiple times a day. Im working on it. 
Today i will watch my words, I am going to take it slow today so that I can hear what i say before i say it. So that i might be a son of encouragement rather than I destroyer of words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment