Saturday, September 17, 2011

Don't lose heart when they talk to you like your a servant... You are.

"Suppose one of you had a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Would he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, 'Come along now and sit down to eat'?"
-Luke 17:7
When we live as a servant, it never ends. Servant hours don't go from 9 to 5 monday through friday. As hard as it is, I long to be a servant in Jesus Christ. My thought process in the last few weeks has changed from the earthly visible master's words, to my Father in Heaven's words. Pastor G once told me, if I call myself a servant, I shouldn't get upset when someone speaks to me as a servant. This is still very difficult, but "the righteous man falls seven times, he rises again." (proverbs 24:16a). 
My application is to continue to rise by hearing God's voice, instead of the words of man, to become a better bond slave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment