Friday, September 2, 2011

Ephesians 4:22


"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;"
-Ephesians 4:22
I was taught, with every Bible story pointing to Christ. He showed me how to conduct my life. Jesus Christ is my Savior, Lord, and Teacher. I used to aspired to gain the world. Trying to find that spot where i would be everything any man could be. The man that every woman wanted. Filled with money, anger, and pride; empty of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ had more in store for me than the simple temporal life, He had Eternal life in my story, so He broke me down until i saw He had a path for me to follow. Instead of the rabbit trails i was blazing on my own. 
After seeing how Jesus Christ, Paul, and a host of others lived, I could easily throw in the towel for the world. After all, if i seek the Kingdom first, everything else will be added unto me. "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." (Matthew 16:24b-25). Today i am a new creation, and being that, i did my devotionals, reminding myself that i'm a sinner, in need of a savior. Going through the crucifixion in scripture, i have my priorities right, so i will be taught by Christ every morning. My old self is dead, but i'm going to put a bullet in it every morning just incase.

No comments:

Post a Comment