Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Susa to Jerusalem

"he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
-Psalms 23:3
No matter how tangled I make my life, No matter how far I run from His loving hand. He is just one genuine prayer away from me. He restores my soul, from the mess that I make it. From there He is able to lead me in paths of righteousness, for His Kingdom. I cant help but be reminded of Jews who came back from the Babylonian exile in 586 bc. The Jews ran from God for so many years, so He sent them off for 70 years, and when they came back He started to restore them as a people. Allowing Zerubbabel, King Cyrus, and King Darius to help rebuild the Temple, and Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. And giving them the Minor Prophets to keep the people on track in the path of righteousness. Even the items in the temple were kept safe during the captivity, and restored at the end. God is faithful in His Word. 
It is sad because I read the stories and they came to life in me. But I still find myself being taken back to captivity in Babylon. Than allowing the whole process to start over. At this very moment God wants to restore me… But first I have to walk from Susa to Jerusalem, so that God can rebuild His temple in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment