Saturday, September 17, 2011

For the Kingdom, and no one else

"Would he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do?"
-Luke 17:9
I really cant imagine what the master's view point would be. But working with kids for 5 years, I noticed the behaviors of the kids. When I had a kid who was looking for my praise… i didn't give it to him, because I would be conditioning him to only do his work when i was around. However, when i saw kids busting out their homework, helping teachers clean, and anything else worth praise. I would often thank them at the end of the day. Not because their work was done for my approval, but because I wanted to encourage them. 
So for me, I want to get into mindset of, everything is done for Christ because I love Him. Not for someone to see me doing something and saying thank you… Like I did it for them. Because I didn't, I did it for Christ. I usually tell them that too, Its sort of an awkward conversation, because I kind of shut the person down… but I'm serving the King, and no one else and they need to know that. 
My application is to continue to go into a job with the mindset that this is being done for Christ and no one else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment