Monday, September 12, 2011

Sun Stand Still

"He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted  in the sea,' and it will obey you."
-Luke 17.6
This brings to mind the story of Joshua and the sun standing still. "O sun, Stand still over Gibeon… So the sun stood still… till the nation avenged itself on its enemies." (parts of Josh 10:12-13). God gave this gift to Joshua, because Joshua believed what God said: that the kings of Jerusalem would be given to Joshua in war. In that time, they would stop fighting as soon as the sun went down. It is a ridiculous demand, but Joshua had the faith in God. Also when Joshua heard the kings of Jerusalem were starting war with the Gibeonites, Joshua got up immediately and started to march throughout the night in order to fight along side the Gibeonites. "Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do." (James 2:18b).
As the time draws closer to my arrival in Uganda, and i don't have all the money i need for my living accommodations in Uganda. I will continue to keep my faith in the Lord, and i will march all night by letting my needs be know to my family, and my church family. God is sovereign in my salvation, I would a hypocrite not to believe He is also sovereign in my physical needs as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment