Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ephesians 4:28

"He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need."
-Ephesians 4:28
The words "producers" and "consumers" come to mind with this verse. Its "creative" vs. "destructive" not that being a consumer is a destructive thing, but if you are capable of being a producer, there are plenty of consumers out there to match up with, so live a creative life. I feel like i am called to be a person who has something to offer those in need. God has blessed me, so that i might take care of the needy. If i do come to a point where I'm not producing, and my hands are idle, it would be a very selfish part of my life. Even if my creative is simply taking in the Word, with that i am able to bear so much more fruit in my life. 
My application, would be that i continue to consume the Word every morning, and throughout my day, so that i might become a producer to those in need. Its unconventional but completely Biblical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment